Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sentarius

Factorio

53 posts in this topic

I'll look into Evolve. Wasn't sure how folks were doing multiplayer on Factorio, to be honest.

You guys should schedule time whenever you can. I'll join you if I'm available or just catch up later if I'm not.

Overall, the game has an amazing degree of complexity to if if you want to get in depth. Looking at comparators, you can literally program your base to operate however you want. I'm just now trying to figure out some of the more challenging parts of trains and contruction/logistics robots. I think this game is more complex than Fortresscraft Evolved, which is sort of like a 3D version of this game.

Anyway, just say when and I'll be there if I can. :)

After 40 hours I finally launched a rocket!!!!

I'll probably wait for patch .13 before starting another big solo game.

Sorry for the extended quiet from me there. Got a bit overwhelmed for a bit. Still following things, though! Think you'd be up to play on Sunday, Sentarius?

Possibly, my weekend is a bit up in the air as we have company arriving Monday. Let me respond Sunday morning to let you know?

We also need to think about whether we want to press on or start over when the update drops Monday.

I was originally thinking today, but you just mentioned on the shoutbox about that update coming on Monday... How about we hold off one more week, see if we can't snag up Valrotha to join us as well, and try for next Sunday instead of tonight? I'd still be up for some gaming, but this will give us time to check this new update out, and possible get a third in on the action.

That sounds good to me.

In addition, I can't seem to connect to Vent. Hopefully I'll get that troubleshot!

I"m still up for tomorrow night, but I'm going to be at a concert during the meeting...should be on for Factorio at 7:30ish eastern. I'll be at the meeting via phone....maybe we can make an announcement that there will be Factorio an hour or so later?

Looks like there was a recent update. Trains have added features now, but I'm not sure what else has changed.

I've only seen the first installment on Mycosa's channel. Looking forward to more. :)

... I forgot to mark my calendar...

... I got caught up in a new project I was working on, and I suck, and I go now to the corner of shame...

:(

Are you guys still playing?  The update Sent mentioned added a lot of new content, including nuclear power.  This would be a great patch for a new start.

I'm neck deep in Fortresscraft Evolved, but I'm planning on giving Factorio another shot soon.  

Ooo... Sweet! I'd be down for that sometime soon! I was actually eyeballing it today. I worked out, from the last update, a working version of what I had lovingly christened "The Science Facility," and was wondering if it was still effective. 

Sounds good.  Let me know when works for you guys.  I'm free most evenings.

Btw, have you guys tried Space Engineers?  It's a voxel based game similar to Factorio and Fortresscraft Evolved. 

I've seen it, yeah! I'm more of a Avorion fan, myself, but it looks fun as well!

I'll see when we can coordinate with Sentarius at some point. I've gotten pretty good at things prior to this Update. If nothing else, I'd love to show you guys my Grand Science Station. :D

Right now, it looks like I'll be free Sunday evening. We had wanted to get some DnD played, but it looks like we MIGHT not be able to gather the way I had hoped. I'll check with the others on that. Otherwise, I'll see if I can reach you on one of my days I open rather than close. Factorio is a fun way to wind down from a busy day. :D

Sounds good.  Let me know when works for you guys. 

If you've gotten the new science stuff worked out, I'd love to see it.  I had a great science station blueprint, but that's outdated now.  I also need to figure out how to join multiplayer games.

It might do a bit of good for us to get an idea of how we want to approach our factory, whether bus system, trains, bots, or some combination of these.  That way we're all on the same page. 

Okay, I've been puttering at this to get an idea of what all has changed, and...

Let me just say that I was worried that I had gone from being a Rick to being a Morty.

Guys... I'M A JERRY. God help me, I'm a JERRY!

On 10/6/2017 at 1:46 PM, Mycosa said:

Okay, I've been puttering at this to get an idea of what all has changed, and...

Let me just say that I was worried that I had gone from being a Rick to being a Morty.

Guys... I'M A JERRY. God help me, I'm a JERRY!

I'm afraid I don't get the reference, but it certainly has gotten a bit more complicated.

So, Factorio supports up to a lot of players...I suggest that if you folks want to set up a regular play time I will hop in when I can. Being a new parent makes long-session games like Factorio really hard to find time for!

Quite understood, Val!

Oh, and it was a Rick and Morty reference. Show. Somewhat vulgar and gruesome. Rick is pretty much Doc Brown + The Doctor + 1000cc of existential nihilism. Morty is... his slowly maturing idiot side-kick. Jerry is an idiot who might not be capable of doing a solar system mobile without accidentally causing a war.

I'm starting to get the hang of things again. I've got myself a secure base that I genuinely pity any biters that charge me in, and a decent factory for Red, Green, and Blue science. Not as compact as I'd like, but it seems to be pretty stable and at least reasonably productive. I've worked out a decent system for transporting oil products that even recycles the barrels. Now it's just figuring out the more in-depth stuff. I should be home tomorrow night if you want to check out what I've got so far. :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0