Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mycosa

Reaching out to you in a time of need, my friends.

10 posts in this topic

My father passed away last night.

Today, the sun rises, the birds will start chirping, and people will get up and go about their day.

How can today start so normally? How dare it?

I have a song stuck in my head. In my mind, I hear him singing it, like he sang it so many times when I went to sleep as a child. I didn't have the richest childhood, but I slept with him singing to us. The night would pass with his singing. But the night is passing now, and I can only hear his voice in my head.

Because my father passed away last night.

I could have called more. I SHOULD have called more. What could I possibly have been doing that was more important? Working? Driving? Eating? Such mundane things, everyday things, when instead I could have heard his voice again. But now I can't.

Today comes, like yesterday did, and the day before. Truly, not so much can have changed. Yet nothing is the same.

I wipe the tears as I type this, thankful I don't need to see the keyboard. I know I need to be strong, stable. People need me to be their support.

Now I carry on.

Thank you for sharing this, brother.

It is often best to share not just our greatest successes, but also our most trying times.

While I am personally saddened by your loss, I am glad that you find our home a comfortable place to reach out.

While I often consider you to one of the more entertaining brothers here, I often find you to be one of the most contemplative as well. Saying that, I will not speak to you in platitudes.

*bows head for his brother's loss*

Thank you, Mahl.

I usually am of the kind that speaks a lot, but does not say much when he does. I deal with my struggles and triumphs with humor; my friends often joke that my last words in life would be a joke to my nurse, and that I'd do stand-up at my own eulogy, because my drive to make others smile simply runs that high.

I will say this, I know that I will be alright, with time. It is to each of us, that in time we carry on the memory of those before us, and rarely do we take that mantle at times of our choosing. The world goes on, and trying to stop that endless turn yields only frustration.

I have known you all for years; to me, you are family. We argue, we squabble, we disagree; yet we also sing, share, and smile.

My father would have liked this forum, and I feel you would have liked him. He, Vromus, and I would sometimes play Diablo together; he usually played the Wizard to my Warrior and Vrom's Rogue.

He introduced us to the world of fantasy, to the many worlds we would experience in books, movies, and games. He taught us how to play Dungeons and Dragons, and loved to play odd, interesting characters. He will always live on in my stories as Lord Orrin Fireheart, 37 son of the Dwarven Thane of Clan Fireheart; as Hamish D'Harglisho, the Gnomish berserker; as Uli Granger, the wilderness wizard and adventurer, with his familiar crow, Caw.

I could talk for literally hours about the worlds he helped me make, the stories he told, the wisdom he tried to share with me. I carry... GREAT rage inside me, and the reason I know how to control and tame that rage is because of the inspiration he gave me; any health struggle, betrayal, or unfairness I met in life paled compared to the trials that life had set before him, and yet he bore them with a song and a story, and wanted only for the happiness of those around him.

I wish you, my friends, could have known him as we did.

Know how this feels bro; my father's passing came totally out of left field.

Our lost people live on in our heart and memories

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace.

So sorry for your loss

::: Bows head :::

My deepest condolences to you and your family my brother...

::: bows head ::: :(

My condolences to you and your family.

While we do not discuss religion on this forum, I will say that I will pray for you and your father.

It has been some 28 years since my mother died and I got through the grief with the virtue of hope.

Peace be with you...

Mycosa, Vromus my friends, I'm truly sorry. I wish I had the words to lessen your pain.

My own parents are getting up there in years, and I see them both becoming more and more frail. Having said that, my father still works harder than I do even though I clocked 5 hours of overtime this week. He's a hard working man who is as honest and decent a person as I've met. I look back at his influence on my life, even though I would go days without seeing him when I was young (yes, he worked that many hours), and I can't help but feel a profound sense of sadness at this generation full of young people who have grown up without a father.

I feel like I, and perhaps many of us, have not lived up to the previous generation's example. Lots of blame is thrown around to this generation or another, but none of that sticks when we're talking about genuinely good people like some of our parents...like Mycosa's and Vromus' father.

As the world plunges more and more into darkness, let those of us who have had good parents allow their examples and love for us to shine on through our actions and behavior. Now, more than ever, in the western world we need bright points of light piercing the darkness. Let us be people of good nature and good character not giving in to hate and violence, but setting an example for others, an example set for us by previous generations.

And thank you, Mycosa, for reminding me to reach out to my parents more often. It'll be a heart crushing day no matter when my parents pass away, but I don't want to look back asking myself, 'What was I doing that was so important that I couldn't call my dad?'

I'm sure your dad knows you loved him dearly, guys.

If I can do anything, please let me know.

My thoughts are with you and your families, my friends. If there is anything you need, please let me know.

I'm at a loss for words, but know that we're here for you in the ways we can be.

So sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss, Mycosa. You express yourself so beautifully. How dare the world continue! Doesn't it realize what has been lost? Life seems so unfair. Those of us who have experienced this pain and sorrow feel yours. Never forget your father's song, it will play in your mind and heart for you forever. The love you two shared will remain with you all of your days. It sounds as if you were most blessed to have him as your father. I wish we had known him, too.

Yes, we are saddened we didn't spend more time. What I'd give for another day or another hour. But I will say to you, I'm getting up there, 70 is coming soon, and I do not feel that way about my kids. I want them to live and enjoy their lives to the fullest. I know they love me and they know I love them. What more is there?

You and Vromus and your families will be in my prayers. May you find comfort and peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am truly sorry. I wish you peace, my brother.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0