Mahl Arannis

Season 10 Preview (subject to change because PTR)

8 posts in this topic

http://diablo.blizzpro.com/2017/02/14/season-10-haedrigs-gift-sets-conquests-preview/

"Haedrig’s Gifts

These sets mirror the Haedrig’s Gift rewards from Season 6, so it stands to reason that we will be able to predict all of the Haedrig’s Gift lineups going forward, as the current Season 9 gifts are the same as Season 5 when the feature was first introduced.

Conquests

• Sprinter/Speed Racer – Complete Acts I through V at max level in under 1 hour.
  • On A Good Day/I Can’t Stop – Level three Legendary Gems to level 65.
  • Boss Mode/Worlds Apart – Kill the following bosses at max level on Torment X within 20 minutes of the start of the game.
  • Years of War/Dynasty – Reach Greater Rift Level 55 Solo with the bonuses of six of the following Class sets.
  • Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets – Master 8 of the following Set Dungeons.

Primal Ancient Items Update

• Legendary and Set items will now have a chance to roll as Primal Ancient
  • These items are much more rare than Ancient items and have perfect Ancient-level stats on all affixes, including the item’s Legendary Power
    • Note: Primal Ancients will only begin dropping after a character on the player’s account has reached Greater Rift 70 Solo
      • There are separate unlocks for normal and Hardcore characters, as well as Seasonal and non-Seasonal characters
    • The stats on these items will be tailored to the character class you are playing when the item first drops
  • Primal Ancient items salvage into 15 Forgotten Souls"

I'd like everyone that cares about which realm (Softcore vs. Hardcore) we play on in Season 10 to consider thinking and voicing that opinion. We kinda tried to figure that out at the last minute for Season 9. I'm fine with running either, to be honest.

I think that I will start the Season with a DH for that sweet, sweet Marauder set. It allows for very fast scaling and will be great to farm with. After the first week or so, I plan to level up a Monk for the sole purpose of running a support build for the first time. The buffs to the Inna's set in Season 10 should make the build even more viable in high-GRift group runs. 

One thing to consider for some is Primal Ancients. Currently in the PTR, Primal Ancients are gated off for only those ACCOUNTS that have completed a SOLO Greater Rift 70 in the specific realm (Season vs. non-Season, Hardcore vs. Softcore). While I'm sure that, theoretically, any of the sets in Haedrig's Gift in Season 10 can solo a GRift 70, there are definitely some of the sets that are better than others. I believe that Raekor's is one of the best. Marauder's is also awesome. That being said, both Akkhan's and Delsere's are getting buffed in Season 10 so they might be more viable than in the current season. And Zunimassa's might be much more viable if The Barber is finally tuned right (although it is likely that Helltooth will still be superior).

What do you all think about Season 10?

I will probably go with the monk. I would be willing to go HC but at my death at any level above 30 I will revert to SC. Don't have the time or patience any more

While I generally go the HC route, I don't hold a lot of extended interest in running seasons once I hit that grind wall to find and tune the gear to run the high end grifts I think going SC again for me will hold the most  return on investment as I won't have the time to restart in case of death.

I may go the monk route this season.  

The WD did not really grab me last season (obviously) so I'm going back to Crusader. I'll try Akkhan's and then probably go with hammers. I probably will not be on on night zero but have several free evenings in the first week.

I'm OK with softcore or hardcore, just let me know.

2 hours ago, Sentarius said:

Any further thoughts on HC vs SC?

I'm ok either way but, based on what I am hearing, we are leaning SC.

OK. I won't be on until Saturday evening (most likely) but last season I found solo leveling pretty fast, so that's fine.

11 hours ago, Sentarius said:

OK. I won't be on until Saturday evening (most likely) but last season I found solo leveling pretty fast, so that's fine.

I'll be building a Monk as my alt  so maybe I will level him with you on Saturday. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor